Probe Repair Technician – Job Description
Job Title: Probe Repair Technician
Reporting to: Probe Lab Manager
Job Summary: Imagex Medical are a premium multi-vendor service and repair organisation. We are the only Ultrasound Service providers in the UK with full probe repair facilities.
Reporting to the Probe Lab Manager, the Probe Repair Technician will be responsible for repairing Ultrasound Probes in line with Service Level Agreements.
Full training will be provided in-house.
- Daily receipt and despatch of customer/loan probes
- To carry out inspection and repair of Ultrasound Probes as instructed by Probe Lab Manager.
- Book in Probes for repair, including “first call”.
- Assess/Evaluate fault in preparation for repair
- Update CRM/ERP systems in a timely manner
- Work with Probe Lab Manager to enhance customer experience
- To provide technical advice and support to internal and external customers.
- Work alongside colleagues to provide regular updates to internal/external customers on ongoing repairs
- Complete tasks within set timescales
- Maintain high level of cleanliness within lab environment
- Adhoc duties as instructed by Probe Lab Manager
To actively work towards maintaining and improving the Imagex Medical Ltd Business Management System whilst adhering to the requirements of ISO9001, ISO27001, ISO13485.
- To strive to sustain and improve environmental best practices into our core business operations in line with our Corporate Social Responsibility Policy.
To ensure that the Company Health and Safety Policy is adhered to, actively promoting a safe working environment.
Levels within the Probe Repair Technician Role:
- No experience required.
- Full training provided.
- Minimum 2 years relevant competent experience.
- Fully competent in technical level 1 and 2 repairs.
- Working technical level 1 and 2 repairs unsupervised.
- Able to prioritise workload.
- Suggesting solutions.
- Minimum 3 years relevant competent experience.
- Fully competent in all tasks at all levels.
- Working unsupervised.
- All additional level 3 tasks to be covered.
- Educated to a high standard.
- Ability/experience to focus and work for long periods using a microscope.
- Experience of soldering advantageous.
- Experience in skilled repairs advantageous.
- Organised and able to follow instructions.
- A can do/will do attitude to always do the best for the business/customer.
- These are highly complex electronic devices however a deep understanding of electronics whilst desirable is not essential. Fine hand skills are essential. A high level of dexterity is a necessity.
- A keen eye for detail. Many tests require exact measurements and so a good eye for technical detail whilst analysing and recording results is required.
- Ability to work consistently to a high standard.
- Ability to remain calm whilst still delivering under pressure.
- There is a requirement to use lab equipment including microscopes, vacuum chambers and some custom-made systems, often for extended periods of time whilst tests are run, so stamina and ability to maintain a high level of concentration will be required.
- We are a small company so a “Team Player” attitude is essential.